so i thought, in the interval, i might as well post some of the titles of books and materials that i want to consult for this project, for my archives and for your perusal.
if anyone has any suggestions (for research materials or for ways to deal with a stressful, utterly depressing home situation), please feel free to post them.
- The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression by Andrew Solomon
- Anatomy of Melancholy by Robert Burton
- Darkness Visible by William Styron
- Unholy Ghost, edited by Nell Casey
- The Crack-Up by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Depression: Out of the Shadows, a PBS documentary
- The Sickness Unto Death by Soren Kierkegaard
- Touched With Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament by Kay Redfield Jamison
- Lincoln's Melancholy by Joshua Wolf Shenk
that's all for right now. i'd also be interested in finding some good blogs about depression and/or writing, as well as any websites, movies, or works of art, not just books and documentary films.